Buy a Phone Number to Use as a Sender or Caller ID
TeleSign offers the option of buying a sender ID or caller ID to use to send messages to your end users. A sender ID or caller ID is sometimes referred to as a dedicated phone number, and in the portal (portal.telesign.com) it is referred to as a phone number. If you want to buy a phone number to use as either a sender or caller ID, do the following:
- Go to portal.telesign.com and log in.
- If you are on TeleSign’s free trial, you need to upgrade and provide billing information before proceeding. You do that by clicking the Upgrade button in the upper lefthand corner. If you already upgraded your account, ignore this step.
- In the left nav, under Products, click SMS. (Click Voice instead if you are buying a number to use with the Voice API.)
- Click Settings.
- Next to Customer Callback URLs, click Edit. The Customer Callback URLs popup appears.
- Click Add a URL.
- Enter the URL you want to use for receiving callbacks from your end users.
- Click Save.
- On the left nav, under Account, click Phone Numbers. The Buy a Phone Number screen appears.
- You can search for a phone number to use as a sender ID or caller ID by country and by feature using the drop downs. Use the Search by Country drop down to choose the appropriate country. Because you are going to use the phone number as a sender ID, open the Feature drop down and choose 2-Way SMS.
- Click Search.
- From the list of numbers returned, choose a number you want to buy and next to it click Buy Now. If you did not set up a callback URL, you will not be able to buy a number. You must have your URL configured before buying. If your URL is configured, the Confirm Payment popup appears.
- Check to see that you have the correct phone number and features. Review the compliance information provided if you need to. If everything looks ok, click Submit. You get a message saying your phone number was successfully purchased.