TeleSign’s SMS API allows you to provide timely, personalized messages through SMS, directly from websites or mobile applications.
The SMS API is flexible and easy to use, however, if you know you want to send OTP messages, TeleSign recommends the SMS Verify API, which is specifically designed for that use case.
Some popular use cases for the SMS API include:
- Send an SMS alert, reminder, or notification -
- Send an OTP message -
- Send an SMS Message with a Verification Code - You send an SMS with a verification message the same way as you send a regular SMS. You must create your own system for managing and inserting the OTP into the message you send.
- Verify a user without embedding a password in your app -
- iOS Mobile App Verification - Learn how you can use TeleSign’s SMS API and deep links to verify iOS mobile app users without embedding your authentication credentials in your app.
- Add Inbound SMS -
- Inbound SMS - You can add inbound SMS so you can receive messages.